Organized together with the Ljubljana Municipality, and under the patronage of Ljubljana 2016 European Green Capital, UITP's international seminar will discuss the state-of-the-art of green and smart public urban transportation in the Central and Eastern Europe region. Moreover, the seminar will focus on the current situation and developments underpinning urban and local mobility in the region and throughout major European cities, including the impact of EU legislation and the structural funds. There will be also a strong emphasis placed on latest environmental and technology trends and future outlooks, particularly until and beyond 2020, when the EU structural funds streaming into CEE will slowly start to drain.
The event is kindly under the patronage of the the Urban Planning Institute of the Republic of Slovenia (UIRS), the Faculty of Maritime Studies and Transport of the University of Ljubljana and the Slovenian Business & Research Association (SBRA).
The event is open to delegates from national, regional and local governments and public transport operators, officials from the European Commission and the European Parliament, as well as professionals and experts from public transport companies, manufacturers, consultancies and legal experts. The event is co-organized with UITP's SmaRT Platfrom on Regional Transport, which forthcoming meeting on October 10 will be kindly hosted by LPP Ljubljana.
- Recent developments and evolution of public transport in Central and Eastern Europe
- The impact of EU policies and structural funds on public transport in CEE until and beyond 2020
- Latest mobility trends: electromobility, open data, combined mobility, free public transport, etc.
- Central Eastern Europe's cities on their way towards smart city – the key role of mobility
- The most recent and best case studies of urban mobility and green transport from major European cities
- Mobility as the backbone of low-carbon urban economy - Ljubljana and the 2016 European Green Capital title